Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A letter to my older self...




Dear 25 year-old Darcy,

Do you remember me...your 16 year old self? I hope you haven't put me so far back into your memory as to forget all of the lessons learned and disreguard all of the values you once had.

I hope you're doing well. I hope you persevered throughout college and grad school, and went all the way to get your Ph.D in Psychology just like you once wanted. Hopefully there is the job as an elementary school guidance counselor that you always dreamed of in your near future. Do you have any men in your life? If so, what is he like? Is he respectful, charming? Does he make you laugh when you want to cry, and let you cry when that's all you want to do? Hell, is he amazingly gorgeous and distinguished, driven, and romantic? Where did you meet? Please tell me, your younger self here needs to know when to pay special attention and not let things pass her by.

I wonder what you look like. Have you thrown in the towel yet, and gotten a chemical straightener? Have you let yourself go, or are you now obsessed with being fit? How many neices and nephews do you have, how are your sisters doing? Who are you still friends with, and who have you had a falling out with? Where are you living?

What is the best piece of advice that you can give to me?

There are so many questions I have for you...but I guess I'll have to wait until I meet you to find out. :)

Love,
16 year old Curlygirl <3

PS. ...Are you happy?

2 comments:

Meagan said...

As long as you continue to do things that make you happy, I am sure you will be happy. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulder. Don't lose that. Stay focused on your goals, family, and friends that you know will be there for you whenever you need them. Good luck with your journey!

Miss Lucia said...

You're so sweet...thank you so much! Your feedback really makes an impact on me, and I'm so glad you enjoy reading my blog. Hope I can keep ya interested :)

<3

Post a Comment

Lay it on me...